Friday, March 11, 2016

Day Two

The second day was great, motivation was still high and yes soreness in the thighs and calves was very apparent.

I started with researching nutritional plans for pre- and post- running. Not really finding much, I decided n my own to do two things - stay hydrated throughout the whole day. Using the color of my pee, to ensure I maintain hydration. I also made sure I didn't skip my carbs today in any of the three meals.

Pre-workout - Cyto-Boost workout drink. 1 small scoop, 400 ml of water.
Post-workout - 2 scoops of protein, 400 ml water, 1 banana chopped up and frozen. Drank half of it be right after working out and the other half just before bed.

I changed up my route today - adding a longer section of downhill and uphill.

Also added a cool-down walk after the run and a stretch down. I've been seeing a lot of bad reviews on cold stretching, so before the run get more intense and longer, I will also add a warm-up walk, followed by some stretches and then begin the run. Stretching, Warming up and down are going to be very important especially in my situation to prevent injury and increase efficiency.


The run:

Plan (same as day one):

Duration:   20:00
Distance:    1.78km
min/km:     11:15

Actual

Duration:   21:00
Distance:    2.30km
min/km:     9:08



No comments:

Post a Comment