Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day one

Day one

9th March 2016

I have no idea what format or how I really plan on keeping this blog up to date. But will let it just become creative as I go along.

Most of the day, was spent finalizing the running plan and training schedule. What I found helpful was using google maps to map out "walking" directions and creating running loops from two locations. Work and Home.

This allows me the flexibility to run from home or right after after work. After some creative mapping techniques I came up with about 6 different routes, which I think will be interesting and challenging. A variety of uphills and downhills and flat routes.

I settled with two apps on my phone which i decided are helpful and sync together so I can finalize once using. Gipis - which gave me my training plan. and Runkeeper - which allows me to map out the runs and also provides better summary detail on elevations and pacing during the run.

The Target
Duration:     20:00
Distance:      1.78km
min/km:       11:15

So as soon as I started the run, I realized the pace being set was practically brisk walking. Lot of temptation was there to go flat out but then realising this program helps me keep the same pace over a duration of time - i decided my best to try and stick with it.

The Actual
Duration:     21:58
Distance:      2.37km
min/km:       9:16
Calories:       224kcal



NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 km
8:58
2
2 km
9:17
3
3 km
10:02
-5


No comments:

Post a Comment