Day four
I should specify, my running plan is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday. Four times a week. So my days are not really sequential but a running day, if you may call it that.
I missed my Saturday run. It was meant to be an easy 15min, 1.33km run, but it didn't happen. I ended having one of the most epic naps of my life instead as it was raining.
I've been looking into what sort of strength training I should be doing on my rest days. I didn't want to do any last week, as having just started a program - going all in will lead to injury. I have started adding some decent warm downs to my run, so that I do get some aid in recovery. Stretching every muscle in the leg for 30 seconds. Followed by some core stretching. side abs, and then some planks. Followed by some yoga stretches, downward facing dog, cat, bird... i really don't know what the real names are but stretches seem to work.
Yesterday's run was harder, my calves tightened up during the run quite a bit, I still managed to continue - but have noted some research into this might be worth checking into.
Yesterdays run:
Plan
Duration: 20:00
Distance: 1.78km
min/km: 11:15
Actual
Duration: 21:57
Distance: 2.33km
min/km: 9:26

No comments:
Post a Comment